Update @August 2020
(Stage 4 restrictions for Melbourne)
Yes, we are still trading! Under the VicGov workplace guidelines we can continue operating with our COVID safe plan, which we’ve been operating under since March 2020 (we’re in the category: Hardware, building and garden supplies).
To clarify what is possible, our orders are available for:
- Shipping nationwide via courier for our wicking conversion kits, and VEG contactless delivery for our timber kitset beds & wicking kits (if not couriered) to Metro Melbourne areas (with only 1 VEG team member delivering).
- Only if your order cannot be shipped, we have contactless collection from our warehouse in Brunswick. We would note a few points if you’re collecting your order:
- Please be prompt in collecting your order onsite and follow the best health practices (using hand sanitiser, wearing a mask, only one person collecting),
- If you have any questions email us and we’ll get back to you ASAP. Our warehouse is not operating as a retail outlet, so we won’t be answering the door for questions.
Other changes to our trading are:
- No onsite wicking bed, chook system or landscape installs for this period
- No deliveries of chook houses for this period (at least until we devise a delivery method only requiring one VEG team member)
- Only one VEG team member filling orders in the warehouse at any one time; please also bear in mind this will slow our usual order fulfilling times.
We hope you’re all keeping well and happy and remember while gardening and growing food is very good for your health there is also a suite of support if you’re feeling the mental load of this period (see the VicGov resources below).
The Team @ VEG
Further Resources (no affiliation with VEG)
Copied verbatim from this link: https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/mental-health-resources-coronavirus-covid-19#resources
Who to call to get help
There are plenty of ways to support other people, or be supported if you are feeling anxious or uncertain.
Lifeline Australia 13 11 14
A crisis support service offering short term support at any time for people who are having difficulty coping or staying safe.
Beyond Blue 1800 512 348
Coronavirus Mental Wellbeing Support Service.
Eheadspace 1800 650 893
Online and webchat support and counselling for 12-25 year olds, their family and friends.
Care in Mind – online and phone counselling for people living, working, or studying in Melbourne’s northern, central, and western suburbs. Phone: 1300 096 269 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week). CareinMIND online counselling.
Mindspot – free telephone and online service for people with stress, worry, anxiety, low mood or depression. It provides online assessment and treatment for anxiety and depression and can help you find local services. Call 1800 61 44 34 (8am – 8pm, Monday – Friday; 8am-6pm, Saturday).
Suicide Call Back Service – mental health support, call back service: 1300 659 467 or online at suicidecallbackservice.org.au (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
Youth focused mental health and support services
Headspace – Call eheadspace on 1800 650 890 or online at www.headspace.org.au
Kids Helpline – Call 1800 55 1800 or kidshelpline.com.au
ReachOut – Online at reachout.com.au
SANE Australia – Call 1800 187 263 or online at sane.org
Orygen Digital – Call 1800 888 320 or online at Moderated Online Social Therapy platform
Future Learn & the University of Readings’ free course – Helping Young People Manage Low Mood and Depression
1800Respect – confidential counselling, information and support for people impacted by sexual assault, domestic or family violence and abuse via phone or online chat. Phone: 1800 737 732 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week). 1800Respect online chat.
Directline – confidential alcohol and drug counselling and referral service. Phone: 1800 888 236 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week). Directline online counselling.Switchboard Victoria – telephone and web counselling, information, and referral service for LGBTQI people. Phone: 1800 184 527 (3pm – 12am, 7 days a week). QLife Webchat.