Date(s) - 12 Nov
10:30 am - 3:30 pm
With Joel Meadows and Paul “Speedy” Ward
In this one-day workshop you will learn to cut grass, trim weeds and harvest grains with this elegant and simple tool, with no petrol, low noise and great ergonomic exercise. You will also come away knowing:
- how to sharpen and maintain the blade
- how to size a snath (handle) to you
- the best postures and actions to use to keep your back happy
- the right blade for the job
- mowing and trimming in real Australian conditions.
All topped off with a ‘plowman’s lunch’ from local and home-made wholesome food.
Joel Meadows and Paul “Speedy” Ward have been scything for a combined 20 years. Both live in Castlemaine and have a background in blacksmithing. Joel is a permaculture educator and energy/building consultant. Speedy is a botanist with a passion for fermentation, fungi and useful plants.