VEG is looking for that someone special! Are you our new Warehouse and Workshop Assistant? Intrigued? Then read on and get in touch.
Who are we:
Very Edible Gardens has been designing and installing permaculture inspired gardens in and around Melbourne for the past 12 years with a strong focus on urban food production, backyard chicken systems and cypress wicking beds. We provide DIY offerings for chook systems and wicking beds including wicking bed conversion kits shipped Australia wide.
Very Edible Gardens is looking for a new team member to join our warehouse, workshop and edible gardening team.
We are looking for a friendly, fun, positive individual with a passion for edible gardening and sustainability and a knack for warehouse based work.
You will be working out of our warehouse and workshop in Brunswick, Vic, primarily preparing and packing online orders of our DIY wicking bed conversion kits for pickup by courier. Other duties include general warehouse and workshop assistant duties.
The work hours and days are flexible with the role initially being 1 to 2 days a week, which will go up or down based on seasonal fluctuations.
- Cutting and folding plastic liners and geofabric
- Picking and packing of plumbing parts
- Preparation of orders for courier pick up
- Computer operations – Mac and Windows
- Occasional phone, email and face to face communication with clients
- Occasionally assisting our lead carpenter with workshop duties
- Cleaning and maintaining work areas.
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail and a strong work ethic
- Punctual with a professional attitude
- Well presented, genuine, polite and respectful to clients and team mates
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Able to perform repetitive tasks.
- Physically fit and able to perform manual and heavy lifting duties
- Can work both independently and as part of a team
- Confident with hand tools and power tools
- Interested in learning new skills.
- Actively involved in or passionate about edible gardening, urban agriculture, backyard food security and permaculture
- Experience around the landscaping and landscape construction industry
- Experience with basic timber construction techniques
- Experience with online ordering systems and warehouse processes.
Please note that we are required to comply with Victorian Government COVIDSafe settings.
Interested? Email your CV and cover letter outlining your experience, interests and suitability for this role to Brendon at email@example.com
Applications close Friday 19th November 2021.